Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cup O' Noodle Soup


The other day, I went shopping for some "lunch stuffs" for CY4. I make him a sandwich for lunch everyday, but when I pick him up after school he wants me to "swing by" a McD's to grab a bite of something "small". Of course I say, "what fo'?.... too bad, wait til' we get home, we'll be home in 30 minutes". So, I figure, I should get some more grub to add to his bag of lunch, and Cup O' Noodle came to mind.

After coming home from the store, oh my, I cannot tell a lie.... I was eyeing up that Cup O' Noodles.... I wanted to have some RIGHT AWAY!!!! Since I bought 10, I figure, he won't miss 1, right?!?!? So, I had one. Oh My... it was DELICIOUS!!!! Sooooo Warm n' Soothing... LOL!!! But the best part about it was that I started thinking back to days when I used to eat 1 Cup O' Noodles a day, back in High School. I was in the Band (1st Chair Flutest n' Piccolo Player/Color Guard during Marching Season) and for Band, we used to have a "snack store" and whatever profits made would go towards the "Band Room" and whatever else (like parties, or movie nights). One of the goodies were Cup O' Noodles - the cost was $1 for a cup. Because the band room would be air conditioned, that Cup O' Noodle really, I mean really hit the spot. Oh... so ONOLICOUS!!!! The corn in there was the best!!! There also was a sofa in the Band Room, so a bunch of us girls would all have a Cup O' Noodles in one hand, and hashi (chopstick) in the other - talking stories, laughing out loud, and just having a good time. Of course this was after our after school band practice. I don't remember WHAT we would talk about - I only remember that it was good times.... and when I think of them good times, I get those ohhh so warmy soothing feeling all over again.....

So, have a Cup O' Noodles... it may make it into your lifetime of memories, just like it has mines.

yummm...
Jen

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll say it again, Jen. You can compile these and write a book one day! Keep the stories coming - I'm enjoying your blog immensely - reminds me of articles that used to appear weekly in the Advertiser.

Rita said...

Aren't memories the best? Especially when their attached to something that triggers the memories (like the cup a soup)! Thanks for sharing!

Jan Scholl said...

My daughter played flute in orchestra too. I was going to donate her flute to the local school in case someone could not afford one. 300 bucks back then, what does a new flute cost now? We always had cup o noodle (they used to make a vegetarian one but haven't seen it in years) and kidslived on them in the dorm along with instant mashed taters and canned tuna. I am going to find some again for me to eat. I now am addicted to the indian entrees I can get at costco. since I always have frozen brown rice (I make so much and put in zippies) that if I get horribly hungry, I microwave some paneer or korma or aloo gobi. isnt the microwave the bomb? especially when you set popcorn on fire (this is hubby's job)

Cheryl said...

Hey Jen, I still buy that stuff. But I like the Saporo brand. But taste so good like you said with the corn and carrots and onions etc.

Maria said...

LOL! We still eat saimin big time over here! Before heading to school, my daughter eats it cause it's fast and easy to make!

I like to add spam, onions, cabbage, and fried eggs to my saimin. Yummy. Eh, L and L over here use the cup o noodle soup to make fried noodles then add BBQ beef. I know it's cup o noodles because the fried noodles have carrot and peas mixed with it. How cheap, yah! They gotta start using S&S. The real way to make fried noodles!

Maria

WhimsicalThoughts said...

OMG I haven't had cup o noodles in forever, I'm gonna have to go and get some now! yummy!

Gina Wrona said...

You were in band? Really?

Speaking of snacks, my daughter picked out those little weiners, you know the vienna sausages in that tiny can for her school snack. I can remember loving those when I was her age too. And, of course begging my mom to buy them at the grocery store just like she did with my last night at Krogers.
lol

Risa said...

What a great story and it made me smile:) I didn't take up band while I was in highschool and now I am wondering if I missed out on something. hmmmmmmmmmm
Thst cup of noodles look really yummy. I'm not sure if we have that brand of noodles here or not but I do eat the roman noodles for a quick snack.
Thanks for sharing your quick stories Jen. I will be sure to drop in again!
Hugs
Risa:)
p.s. While listening to your voice on your voicemail, I can't imagine you talking slang. You sound so prim and proper! *smile*