Monday, November 24, 2008

It Comes in 3's....

What am I talking about?!?! Pregnancies, Weddings, Funerals.... mostly those. I was told that it comes in 3's. Do you believe this? When I was a kid, my friends and I always talked about how we would always know 3 people that are pregnant at the same time, 3 people getting married and 3 people that passed away. I don't know if this is a Hawaii thing, Filipino thing or Oriental thing - but it's a thing that I am finding happening more often, or a very coincidental thing. Earlier on, I never really noticed... until I started counting...

When I was pregnant with Cy, there were 2 other friends of mines that were pregnant, when I got married, 2 other couples that we knew got married that same year as well (ya, gotta be within the year). Last year, my SIL had 3 funerals she had to go to, this year, I had 3 funerals (well, actually I only went to 2, but I will be going to 1 more in the next couple of weeks). Very interesting, huh?! I bet most of the local girls will agree with me on this, and not think I'm nuts....

I was just thinking about it, because I'm working on a slide show for the funeral service I will be attending in the next couple weeks. And I thought first... hmmm... I went to Aunty Nancy's funeral.... and then I went to Leonard Cuifo's funeral (the owner of CY3's company), and now I'm going to go to my friend's uncle's funeral. My circle of 3 is complete for this year.... at least I hope so.

I would love to hear your coincidences of 3's..... or if you believe in this as well.

Have a great week!!!

5 comments:

Rita said...

The first time I heard this a relative died & my mother said that there will be 2 more because it always happens in threes. I didn't believe her till I started to really pay attention when I got older & ya know what she was right!

de said...

I always heard this growing up too, and I agree, I've seen it many times. Most recently has been layoffs, I guess a sign of the times, but my BIL got layed off, my cousins husband and my other cousin. All were in very steady jobs for many years. I've seen it with marriages, funerals and pregnancies as well. Weird huh?!

Maria said...

I don't remember "they come in 3s" superstition but considering being Filipino, I know of a lot of superstitions. I think my parents told me about them just to scare the begeezes out of me. LOL!

For example, don't cut your fingernails at night. . .something to do with voodoo sort of stuff, don't walk under a tree at night because a spirit will jump on to you (apparently they hang out in trees at night), don't whistle at night because it summons the devil, if your ears are ringing or if you bite your tongue, it means someone is talking badly about you. All kinds of crazy stuff! LOL!

Maria

Gina Wrona said...

The only thing I heard about in 3's has been funerals. Never heard about babies & weddings. Not to say it isn't true if you've experienced it, but I haven't.

WhimsicalThoughts said...

I totally believe Deaths, Weddings and Pregnancies all come in 3's I have seen it many times in my life time. So weird how it happens.

LOL Maria - we were always told when clipping your nails you need to burn them because if your enemys get them they can do voodoo things with them. etc ..... My Nana was good for passing along some wives tales ... hehehehe